Panel discussions that make a solid contribution to the conference theme will be considered. A panel should have at least three, but not more than five participants. Note that panels are expected to be based on (panel) discussion and active exchange of ideas instead of being sessions consisting of a series of paper presentations.
If panels are accepted for presentation at the conference, at least two panel members will need to register during the Early Bird Registration period and present the work at the ISIC 2022. All panel members must register for and attend the conference. The organisers reserve the right to cancel panels if these conditions are not met.
Panel proposals are not published in the official conference proceedings. If authors wish, proposals may be published in the Humboldt edoc repository (see poster call for more information). A shortened version of the panel proposals will be available in the conference program.
Panel submissions: 31 January 2022 (all time zones)
Notification: 15 March 2022
Final notification and acceptance: 15 May 2022
The format for a panel proposal should follow the general guidelines for full and short papers. Please use the ISIC 2022 panel template as a guideline. Please, limit your proposal for panels to a maximum of 2 pages (abstract and references are excluded from this). The panel proposal should be submitted as a pdf.
Proposals should include the following information:
- Title of panel
- Organisers: Names, affiliations and email addresses of the moderator and other organisers
- Length of proposal: maximum 2 pages (abstract and references are excluded from this); use the template for panels
- Provide an abstract (max. 200 words) that may be used for the conference program
- Duration: 90 minutes
- A short description of the panel members
- Proposed format: Including draft schedule, explanation of how it will engage with the audience
- Purpose, goals, expected outcomes and contribution to the conference theme
- Summary of content
- References (references are excluded from the 2 pages)
- Special requests/equipment needs
All proposals should be submitted to the ISIC 2022 Conftool submission system and submitted as a pdf.
Final decisions on acceptance in the conference programme will be made by the ISIC 2022 Panel Co - Chairs.
If you have any questions or comments concerning the panel submission, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.